About the scheme
Cenin Renewables are submitting a planning application for a wind scheme on Manmoel Common.
- Once the scheme becomes operational, an annual fund will be available for 20 years to help promote sustainability locally.
- Multiple schools have already been contacted to see if they would like to be involved.
- If sustainability is something you’re involved in, do get in touch as these funds will be available for the local community, not just schools.
- Our other wind scheme Llwyncelyn has a very similar community benefit scheme where we have already paid for multiple coaches to bring school pupils to Parc Stormy for a renewable energy and sustainability site tour.
- We have been in contact with Tredegar Town Council for a little while and are thrilled they are visiting Parc Stormy in early 2019.
- Local people will also have the opportunity to invest in the 3-turbine scheme.
The indicative site plan above shows the approximate locations of the proposed turbines.
- supports Welsh Policy targets
- contributes to Wales’ growth for future generations act
- adds to renewable energy generation in the UK.
The graphic below shows in real time what percentage of our energy in the UK is being produced from renewable energy sources.