Manmoel Wind Scheme
About the scheme
Cenin Renewables are submitting a planning application for a wind scheme on Manmoel Common. Full assessments are underway and we are likely to enter the ‘Developments of National Significance’ (DNS) process this winter.
- Once the scheme becomes operational, an annual fund will be available for 20 years to help promote sustainability locally.
- Multiple schools have already been contacted to see if they would like to be involved.
- If sustainability is something you’re involved in, do get in touch as these funds will be available for the local community, not just schools.
- We have funded multiple school trips to Parc Stormy for our renewable energy and sustainability site tour (see our website’s ‘News’ section).
- Tredegar Town Council visited our renewable energy cluster at Parc Stormy in early 2019.
- People living locally to the site will also have the opportunity to invest in the scheme.
- The scheme is planned to support the area with a private wire to local industry.
The plan above shows the approximate location of the scheme.
- supports Welsh Policy targets
- contributes to Wales’ energy growth set out in the future generations act
- adds to renewable energy generation in the UK.
The graphic below shows in real time what percentage of our energy in the UK is being produced from renewable energy sources.